NSW Compensation for Vet Bills

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BJay

11 July 2020
Hi all,

Not sure what section to post but I'm wondering where I stand.

I adopted my beloved dog 10 years ago. He was 3-4 months and desexed. I have documents certifying this.

Over the course of the last 10 months it was discovered he had Cryptorchidism, which is one or two undescended testicles. Meaning the Veterinary surgeon who certified having desexed him actually did not. I Di make contact with the surgeon and her notes state he had Cryptorchidism and they were surgically removed.

Both have now been removed and both had malignant tumours. I have spent thousands in vet fees on tests, scans and surgeries.. not to mention the emotional
toll and the trauma my dog has been through after two invasive surgeries and recoveries.

I did make contact with the surgeon and her notes state he had Cryptorchidism and the testes were surgically removed.

I have now been contacted by an Insurance Lawyer on her behalf but wondering if I should seek my own legal council.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Atticus

6 February 2019
I have now been contacted by an Insurance Lawyer on her behalf but wondering if I should seek my own legal council.
If it was me, I would be seeing a solicitor for opinion before I spoke to the insurance lawyer...

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Yes, you should.
And no, you should not say or do anything, or reply to anything from the vet's insurer,
until you've had formal legal advice.