WA Can I Fight Recovery Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brooke Passey

8 August 2018
I have been trying to get recovery orders and somehow the kids' father was able to get one. I don't know how I am able to get one seeing as i have been the carer of the kids this whole time.

He has falsified certain things and my kids now are in a place unknown to them.

sammy01

27 September 2015
OK it is hard to provide help with the scant details you have provided. Can you give us a bit of history?

Brooke Passey

8 August 2018
ok it is hard to provide advice with the scant details you have provided. Can you give us a bit of history?

I have had full care of the children since March last year and due to a dispute my ex and I had on Sunday, he took the kids. I went to get my daughter from his house Monday and wasn't allowed to take her.

I did collect my son early from school and took him back. The ex told me to take him back to school and I didn't. I took my son to the family court to try and get a recovery order to get my daughter back. The ex was not happy with this at all and went to court on the 7th for a recovery order which was then given to me around 5:30 that day and he isn't ok to have the children.

He hasn't been a part of their lives much and I have tried to organise times and days for him to have them and he refused and said no as he was planning on coming home and I am devastated missing my babies big time.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So when is the hearing?

Call legal aid ASAP.

You have had full care since March? Why by agreement or because you'll only let him see the kids when it suits you?

Look this is gonna get messy....

When is the hearing for the recovery order?