QLD Application filing contravention

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bizi

11 October 2018
Hi Louise, my contravention hearing was held recently & I represented myself. Application in a Case (AC) vs Contravention Application (CA) is not simple. Essentially, an AC is if there's a breach of existing orders and you want to return parties to adhering to the orders however the breach is not severe deserving punishment. The CA is a more serious application where punishment or compensation is sought for loss of time etc and variations to the orders. Under an AC a variation can be sought if there's been a change to circumstances resulting in the orders being no longer suitable or appropriate. Be very careful as the judicial officers will reprimand you severely if you don't get it right so get legal advice or if you have legal experience or qualifications give it a go. Research the court website as they have much information however you really need to understand the game and not just the rules. Also be careful what you take on board in these forums as there's much misleading information from posters who sound confident and assertive however are completely off the mark. Hope this helps!

Reactions: LouiseThomas