Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
  1. E

    QLD not sending child to school

    My ex has custody of one of my two children and has up and left the state because of a child services case that was opened up on her. She is not not sending my child to school and im not sure where to start to get the ball rolling. My child had missed 47 days in term one in qld before she left...
  2. D

    QLD Less Adversarial at Trial - Am I Making a Mistake?

    Firstly, thanks to those contributing to this forum. You've been an enormous help as I've read through other people questions and answers. I have a trial date coming up in the format of a less adversarial trial. The advice here has helped me come to my decisions on how to approach the Final...
  3. E

    VIC Separated from Alcoholic Husband with Legal Aid - Help?

    Hey, I’m wanting some help, please. I separated from my husband in Nov 2018 (married since 2005) with my 12-year-old son & moved interstate to be with family for support. Ex is an alcoholic & I could no longer put up with the emotional & mental abuse towards myself & my son. Ex also has a sex...
  4. W

    QLD Custody of Children - Can Ex Prevent Interstate Relocation with Child?

    Hi I live in QLD with my 10-year-old daughter. Father of daughter lives in NSW. Court orders state that the child lives with the mother. We have joint custody of children /parenting responsibility. There are visitation schedules set out in the order when father comes to QLD for select...
  5. W

    QLD Family Court Orders - Communication with Child Restricted?

    I have a court order in place that states "failing agreement the child shall speak to the mother on Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Friday at 7 am". The child is my 10-year-old daughter who lives with me in QLD. When she visits with her father in NSW for school holidays she can call me. She is...
  6. B

    NSW Selective High School Legal Multiple Choice Question

    1. Australia’s involvement in the International Force for East Timor was: a) Authorised under The Timor Sea Treaty 2002 b) Made possible by use of the ‘external affairs’ power c) A requirement of membership of the United Nations d) A demonstration of Australia’s...
  7. A

    VIC Property Law - Removing Name from Title?

    I am asking this on behalf of my brother. Is he able to remove his ex from the house title? The ex left him, was having another relationship at the time. She walked out on all the children. They have now been separated for 3yrs, never married. He is a hard, hard worker and pays for everything...
  8. J

    Changing child to private school - final orders already in place.

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give any advice to a father that has final orders for a child to attend a state school, who is wanting to move the child to a private school - father is happy to cover costs of private school. Is the father best to wait until the child starts high school...
  9. N

    NSW Supervised Access Due to ADVO?

    Hey all, I am the applicant in a child access case in the Federal Circuit Court of NSW. I am currently seeing my baby son under supervised visits due to concerns about my alcohol and marijuana use. I am a primary school teacher who continues to work unsupervised with young children as their...
  10. A

    NSW Debit Card and Mobile Phone High School Student

    My daughter's iPhone and debit card got stolen at her high school. The student who took it went and purchased items from the school canteen and after school from petrol station. Total value of $50. Theft was reported to both school and Police. Card fraud department informed. School...