QLD Im confused with this part which ive pasted.being as of the end of school term i pick my child up or is it the friday i pick my child.up? Please help

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gibson83

10 December 2020
For the purpose of Order 11(b)(i) & (ii) the school holidays are taken to
commence at 3.00pm on the last day of the school term and conclude at
9.00am on the first day of the new school year commencing. Changeover
shall occur at 3.00pm each Friday until the conclusion of the school
holiday period with the exception of the final Friday of the school
holiday period. The parent who has the care of the child for the final
week of the school holiday period shall be responsible for returning the
child to school at the commencement of the new school year.

Rosscoe

21 October 2020
What do the orders say re school holidays? I am assuming split 50/50 with a week about for the duration of the holidays with changeover happening every Friday after the commencement of school holidays? I would say it looks like for the start of the school holiday it is the parent who has child for the first week that picks the child up at 3pm last day of school and the parent who has the child during the last week of holidays to take the child to first day of school.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so the written word tends to run into problems.... But I had a look. QLD breaks up on Friday, so it shouldn't matter
School term dates | australia.gov.au

Can you give some more detail about the problem?

So is the argument here that if school breaks up on Thursday, then that parent only has the kids for 1 day before the 'friday' change over?
Friendly advice... If you're the primary carer DONT use this as a scam to try and minimise the other parent's time Santa will give you a lump of coal for being that petty...

If you are not the primary carer and the ex is trying to use this to minimise your time I'd suggest you go back to the solicitor who wrote the orders and ask for the thing to be clarified via the slip rule.

Last edited:

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
I'm in QLD and my step son's school broke up yesterday. As we split the holidays in half we offered the mother to have the child for the extra 2 days and collect the child on Friday, as he will be in our care for the next 3 weeks anyway. Thought it would be better for him to spend the full week with his mother. But I guess technically we could have collected him from school and started the holidays early.