QLD Workcover is Ending - Make Claim for Numbness?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mitchell1990

2 March 2017
Hi,

I'm currently on workers compensation due to a back injury at work that resulted in minor surgery. Workcover took 2 months to accept the claim and sort out surgery and in that time, I had parts of my body - toes, heel, parts of the leg and a testicle - go numb. 6 months later and they're still numb.

I was just curious if I'm entitled to make a claim for the various numb spots in my body. Speaking with the surgeon and he was unable to say when and if the sensation will return.

Reactions: Timnuts
S

Sophea

Did the numbness start before surgery? Have you had the surgery? What does the surgeon believe the numbness was caused by?

Mitchell1990

2 March 2017
Did the numbness start before surgery? Have you had the surgery? What does the surgeon believe the numbness was caused by?

Hey,

The numbness started day one when I found out I had injured my back. It's caused from the nerve pain I had two months prior to surgery. The doctor said the feeling may or may not come back and couldn't give me a timeframe. The doctor did say the longer I left it ( 2 months awaiting surgery) the worse the numbness will be.