VIC Will i be charged over natural causes

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bike_boy

14 August 2018
Over a year ago i went through a traumatic experience. I had sex with an old friend at her hotel. Unfortunately during the moment she had a medical episode where she had a type of brain aneurysm that ruptured and passed away a couple of days later in hospital.
The police took my statement but i haven't heard anything since.
Another lady who was there at the time where I called for help said that it's not my fault and there was nothing i could do (think she spoke to police). I'm not sure if the police would put me at fault of the death..

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi,
Sorry to hear that. From what you wrote, I doubt it was your fault, if it was you who caused any harm, you would been called by police, it will not take a year. This is what I think.

Bike_boy

14 August 2018
Hi,
Sorry to hear that. From what you wrote, I doubt it was your fault, if it was you who caused any harm, you would been called by police, it will not take a year. This is what I think.

Thankyou Adam1user. That is what i was thinking

DMLegal

28 May 2018
Sorry to hear about your situation. You were not the cause of death, the aneurysm was the cause the death. Just as the operator of a roller coaster would not be criminally culpable if it had of ruptured while riding a roller-coaster, you are not criminally culpable. Apologies if that is an inappropriate analogy, but I thought it paints the picture quite clearly.

Bike_boy

14 August 2018
Sorry to hear about your situation. You were not the cause of death, the aneurysm was the cause the death. Just as the operator of a roller coaster would not be criminally culpable if it had of ruptured while riding a roller-coaster, you are not criminally culpable. Apologies if that is an inappropriate analogy, but I thought it paints the picture quite clearly.

Thankyou DMlegal for your response