NSW Stood Down at Work - My Employee Rights under Employment Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

louise89

19 May 2015
Good Afternoon,

I am just needing to confirm what I can do. On 12th August 2015 I was stood down after a formal discussion that I wasn't aware it would turn out the way it did. Before my formal discussion, on the 10th August, my assistant manager had basically influenced me in writing a diary note that was more placing the blame on myself as it will be better and she will do what she can to protect me.

In my formal discussion I was only asked questions but never presented with any policy I breached or the actual evidence. I have now been stood down for 2 weeks with no updates. I only received a letter of allegation on the 18th August which was a little incorrect. It had noted I had responded to the following allegations in my formal meeting (but they weren't actually put forward to me).

What are my employee rights under Employment Law? I have another meeting this Friday. How do I best respond with just single answers not going into a big story?

I managed to obtain the procedure they stated I had gone against but can't seem to see what I breached as it doesn't have anything there. Can I use this? Because I got this procedure after I was stood down. I asked one of my support people to obtain this for me. I also have my results of how I haven't financially gained because I was under 100%. Can I also show them this? Or is it going against what I have already told them?

Please help. I have my 2nd meeting this Friday.

louise89

19 May 2015
Hi,

Just wishing to confirm something:

I have been off work for 4 weeks now,stood down pending an investigation. I had my second meeting 2 weeks ago as due to my first formal meeting being dismissed as one of the managers in the room pressured me before hand in writing a diary note blaming myself for something, I wasn't aware was happening. I still haven't heard anything and it's 4 weeks. I was told I would hear an update last week (but nothing). I received a message today of my support manager asking for my address again.

(Can they dismiss me via sending a letter in the mail without a meeting under Employment Law?)