Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Stood Down at Work - My Employee Rights under Employment Law?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by louise89, 26 August 2015.

1. louise89

louise89 Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon,

I am just needing to confirm what I can do. On 12th August 2015 I was stood down after a formal discussion that I wasn't aware it would turn out the way it did. Before my formal discussion, on the 10th August, my assistant manager had basically influenced me in writing a diary note that was more placing the blame on myself as it will be better and she will do what she can to protect me.

In my formal discussion I was only asked questions but never presented with any policy I breached or the actual evidence. I have now been stood down for 2 weeks with no updates. I only received a letter of allegation on the 18th August which was a little incorrect. It had noted I had responded to the following allegations in my formal meeting (but they weren't actually put forward to me).

What are my employee rights under Employment Law? I have another meeting this Friday. How do I best respond with just single answers not going into a big story?

I managed to obtain the procedure they stated I had gone against but can't seem to see what I breached as it doesn't have anything there. Can I use this? Because I got this procedure after I was stood down. I asked one of my support people to obtain this for me. I also have my results of how I haven't financially gained because I was under 100%. Can I also show them this? Or is it going against what I have already told them?

Please help. I have my 2nd meeting this Friday.

2. louise89

louise89 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just wishing to confirm something:

I have been off work for 4 weeks now,stood down pending an investigation. I had my second meeting 2 weeks ago as due to my first formal meeting being dismissed as one of the managers in the room pressured me before hand in writing a diary note blaming myself for something, I wasn't aware was happening. I still haven't heard anything and it's 4 weeks. I was told I would hear an update last week (but nothing). I received a message today of my support manager asking for my address again.

(Can they dismiss me via sending a letter in the mail without a meeting under Employment Law?)