Right of carriageway

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brains

5 May 2021
There is a right of carriageway that starts on another property then crosses a ford in a river and continues across our block and then through another 2 properties before ending at a 3rd property as listed on our titles. The final block also has access to a public road. Our usual route to access our property is via the block across the river. However the last block has granted us permission to use their property to access the public road when the River restricts access to usual route. The landholder in the 2nd block has locked the gate on right of carriageway thereby locking us in with no means of getting off the property. The landholder who has locked the gate is aware that we have the permission but has stated in that only the landholder of the last block can access the right of carriageway over his land. Knowing full well that they have another access off their property and only use the right of carriageway to visit other lots on the right of carriageway. I have now been unable to get to work due to access being denied to alternate route. Do I have any recourse and how do I get access to the alternate way off our property?

Tripe

22 May 2017
You need to clarify who is the dominate and servient title holder(s)