NSW Property Law - Executive Committee Requesting Abandonment of Glass Panel Installation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Frogcity

24 November 2016
Myself and another unit owner had received approval at an Executive Committee (EC) Meeting months ago to install 6 glass panels on our balconies, which we are in the process of completing. More recently, another owner requested the same and was knocked back.

Now only this week, we have been approached by the Chairperson and asked if we could abandon our plans, as they are attending the Tribunal for refusing the latest owner - commenced by this owner. Can EC make us abandon our approved glass panels under Property Law?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Did they ask or demand?

The EC have created a bad situation and now may be making the situation worse. I'm not saying they have the right to stop you, but if they do demand that you stop you may be able to sue the EC for any loss you have incurred.

Frogcity

24 November 2016
Did they ask or demand?

The EC have created a bad situation and now may be making the situation worse. I'm not saying they have the right to stop you, but if they do demand that you stop you may be able to sue the EC for any loss you have incurred.

Orginally requested a 'friendly chat' was their (EC) email wording, but was unable to meet face to face. Then the email came explains why and requesting we 'reconsider our plans'. One EC member told us most the EC are struggling to keep the latest owner/applicant happy due to his several demands, and so they are just refusing his requests, hence this owner is taking them to the Tribunal. Which he has every right to do, given we have been approved for the same thing.

Thank you Rod.