NSW Manipulative Executor of Will - Ask for Itemised Summary of Money?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

carmen

26 April 2018
I am one of 4 beneficiaries on my friend's will (she had no family). One of the beneficiaries is also the executor of qill. We knew he had a history of manipulating people to get money and assets but sat back hoping he would do the right things as executor.

Our friend's house was recently sold through auction, he won. The house had an old caveat on the property which apparently could have been removed before the auction but he kept it there to his advantage apparently ( no one else was interested in bidding once they knew it was there). He also put a low reserve so he got the house very cheap. We also heard he put the estate into his name before the sale.

Today I got a cheque in the mail from the lawyers for $15.20!

The lawyers said i have to contact him to see what is going on and get an itemised account of spendings, etc.

I was with my friend when she passed and when she rewrote her will. She wanted the house to be sold and split 4 ways but it seems he is now laughing all the way to the bank. It will cost too much to fight but it is so frustrating executors can do this! The lawyer even called him a snake through her dealings with him. He doesn't reply to texts or emails unless he wants something.

There was also no reading of the will, he only sent me in the mail copies of the house appraisals he paid to get done!

Is he now obliged to send us a itemised summary of $$?