VIC Likelihood of success in IVO contest

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gameofthrones

7 June 2020
Hello, I am just wondering if anyone has had success as a respondent in a Intevention Order Contest? I am contesting an application for IVO extension plus contesting a new application for an intervention order for an adult child. Both matters have been listed together. I agreed to the initial order by admission and have not had any contact with the applicants in almost 4 years. There has been no police involvment at all and no breaches of any orders, however the Magistrate at the directions hearing said that all evidence prior to the initial order will be admissible. Thankyou

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Yes, we have.

And you likely have a good chance if you have had no contact for 4 years.

Gameofthrones

7 June 2020
Thankyou both for your responses. The further and better particulars only relate to 4 or more years ago, I challenged this at the directions, and requested current ones and offered an undertaking but this was rejected and now we are heading to a contest. I had to walk away from my family years ago and just want to move on with my life without this hanging over my head. I am also worried about being set up on a breach. Both applicants have a history of poor mental health and have already lied under oath.