Inheritance - Who will Inherit the Property?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Plid

9 April 2017
My father re-married in 1992. They live in a house that his wife inherited when her previous husband died. Will my father inherit it should his wife die before him or will it go to her 2 adult sons?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,

They may all have an interest in the property and depending on how her will is written will determine the likely outcome. Saying that even if the will states one way or the other, either party could contest the will if they don't feel there has been a fair split of the assets.

Plid

9 April 2017
My father re-married in 1992. They live in a house that his wife inherited when her previous husband died. Will my father inherit it should his wife die before him or will it go to her 2 adult sons?
Hi,
They may all have an interest in the property and depending on how her will is written will determine the likely outcome. Saying that even if the will states one way or the other, either party could contest the will if they don't feel there has been a fair split of the assets.

Thanks for the reply. Neither of them have made a will. I have tried to persuade them but to no avail.