NSW I recently found out about a horrifying act of defamation that took place in 2013 Can I do anything?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Looking at this objectively:

You want an apology, an indemnity and a lot of money.

What do you have: Information from a GIPA request that may or may not say bad things about you and was concealed from you.

You have provided NO INFORMATION about the contents. We don't who it is from, what it is about, what rights you think have been infringed. You even say you haven't read it properly.

Now realistically, how do you expect anyone anywhere to help given these limitations?

Do you simply want to vent, or do you want assistance? At the moment it seems to be 'look at poor me I've been hard done by'.

Grow up, pull your finger out, read the damn documents and post back something sensible with some information that may allow someone to provide some constructive advice instead of whinging and whining no-one is helping you. You've had at least 9 days to read the GIPA information and you haven't distilled anything of value that you've put online. No information = no assistance.

I suggest you re-examine where the problem lies, is it someone lurking, or someone who can't help themself? As someone professing familiarity with academic standards, then reading and distilling arguments, and summarising key points should be second nature.

Australian Student

3 February 2018
Looking at this objectively:

You want an apology, an indemnity and a lot of money.

What do you have: Information from a GIPA request that may or may not say bad things about you and was concealed from you.

You have provided NO INFORMATION about the contents. We don't who it is from, what it is about, what rights you think have been infringed. You even say you haven't read it properly.

Now realistically, how do you expect anyone anywhere to help given these limitations?

Do you simply want to vent, or do you want assistance? At the moment it seems to be 'look at poor me I've been hard done by'.

Grow up, pull your finger out, read the damn documents and post back something sensible with some information that may allow someone to provide some constructive advice instead of whinging and whining no-one is helping you. You've had at least 9 days to read the GIPA information and you haven't distilled anything of value that you've put online. No information = no assistance.

I suggest you re-examine where the problem lies, is it someone lurking, or someone who can't help themself? As someone professing familiarity with academic standards, then reading and distilling arguments, and summarising key points should be second nature.

Rod -- It appears that there is a gatekeeper at most legal forums who plays consecutive roles as Wet Blanket/Shamer-inChief/Lecturer on all-things-and sundry.

You are correct that I did not provide much information, my questions being of a general nature at first. Instead of asking for that information in your next post, you went straight into wet blanket mode. I am not going to tell you anything more because I think you are a royal buffoon.

Meanwhile, if anyone else can discuss this with me without getting in touch with their inner-jackass, I would appreciate it.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I asked you what was possible.

Which I answered.

my questions being of a general nature at first.

Which I answered in a general way.

Instead of asking for that information

Geez, I have to ask for everything after already saying in post #4 I don't have information.

I am not going to tell you anything more

Good, because I now refuse to offer any more of my time to you.

You say being I'm being a jackass, which I dispute, however have you considered the possibility you have a rare skill in being able to bring out the jackass in even the most placid of people who you interact with? In case you missed it, this is a rhetorical question and needs no further response from you. Goodbye.

Reactions: Miniart

Australian Student

3 February 2018
Which I answered.

Which I answered in a general way.

Geez, I have to ask for everything after already saying in post #4 I don't have information.

Good, because I now refuse to offer any more of my time to you.

You say being I'm being a jackass, which I dispute, however have you considered the possibility you have a rare skill in being able to bring out the jackass in even the most placid of people who you interact with? In case you missed it, this is a rhetorical question and needs no further response from you. Goodbye.

Don't let the door hit ya....

sammy01

27 September 2015
Oh wow. I've never seen anything quite as conclusive as what you're describing.
There are several sources of easy credit. I'd strongly encourage you to source as many of these loans as possible and take that money to a solicitor. Sure it will be expensive, but given the huge pay out you're about to get you don't need to worry.

Based on the detailed factual information you've provided I feel 100% confident that the other mob are gonna be forced to pay your legal bills and any associated interest payments required...
I reckon you ought to go to the media too. Man, the money you'll make on interviews with the likes of Oprah Winfrey etc.... Worth thinking about.

And the accollades and endorsements - Australian of the year sorta stuff.

There you go. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Reactions: Miniart