QLD How to Protect Algorithm Under Intellectual Property Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Peter6

4 June 2015
I am confused. Does that mean people who steals other people or company's know how as long as you did not sign any agreement and the know how is not protected by patent will be free of trouble?

Peter6

4 June 2015
A question about the right to talk about what happened. Can I talk about what happened between me and the potential commercial partner and mention that they now have a similar product? I will not make any comments and just describe what happened? And will not mention that they may apply my ideas in their products.

Peter6

4 June 2015
I developed a new algorithms and have sent my solutions to a company to verification for potential commercialization with the company. The solutions were well checked and meet all the requirement by industrial standard. No issues had been raised during the verification. Now the company has released a similar algorithms. I arise my concern to the company. The person who was the major contacts insisted told others in the list of email for this dispute that the solutions he received from my for verification did not work from the first solution I provided although he kept asking for more solutions later. He insisted on that my solutions did not work (implied that he did not undertake "reverse engineering" from the solutions I provided).

I have the solutions and they can be checked by third party and expert in the field to prove this person was lying.
Is the comment of the person on my solutions can be considered as defamation for my algorithm?

DennisD

11 July 2014
Hi Peter6
I agree with some of the earlier comments about the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
As you've posted a few threads which appear to be about the same query, for convenience I'm putting links to those other threads here and here (being the one which I responded to)