QLD Fencing issues with neighbour

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Numbone

8 January 2018
I live in qld and our neighbours have built a fence that allows them to harass our dog through the gaps. We rent and the owner and this neighbour are currently in a fencing dispute with the neighbour pulling down a new fence because they didn't like it.
We have asked the real estate if we can put up the thin bamboo eco screens for privacy because the neighbour keeps peering into the yard when I am there. We also put some black eco mesh on the bottom half so the dog couldn't see the neighbours . I checked the legislation for qld fencing and can't find anything that says we can't do it but the neighbour is complaining that they don't like the look of it through their fence. I just want to make sure it is ok to do. It isn't heavy lattice or anything that will damage the fence. No nails have been used etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
And you don't like the neighbour looking into you backyard.

I'd leave it the black eco mesh in place till the fencing dispute is sorted out.

Numbone

8 January 2018
And you don't like the neighbour looking into you backyard.

I'd leave it the black eco mesh in place till the fencing dispute is sorted out.

He doesn't just look in the yard. And it isn't when nobody is in there. He stands there when I am there, or my son's teenage girlfriend, and peers through the fence until everyone goes inside. If he doesn't peer through the fence he stands there on tip toe and watches over the fence.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Call out to him, say "Hi <name>" say a few words and do what it is you do in the yard. Do not let him intimidate you