- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Family Law - Can Mother Take Son Off Me?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by jacqueline raymond, 29 September 2015.

  1. jacqueline raymond

    29 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    Can my mother legally take my son off of me without any cause and no reason to under Family Law?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    While children have a legal right to know, spend time and communicate with their grandparents on a regular basis, grandparents don't have the benefit of parental responsibility, which means they are not legally responsible for making major long-term decisions about the child's care welfare and development, which includes care and living arrangements.

    However, they can apply to the court for parental responsibility and will need to argue that the orders they are seeking are in the best interests of the child.

    If the grandparents do take the child from your care without your consent, you can file for a recovery order to have the child returned to your care.

Share This Page