QLD Ex Company Directors Rights?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
14 June 2015
Can a director who has been terminated from company enter company property when locked after hours and remove company property and company computers without consent from current company directors?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Is he taking back his own property?

Is he recovering property that he has personally guaranteed against loans that have fallen behind?

14 June 2015
No he removed his personal possessions but at same time took company owned computers with all current financials and client files ,police attended and advised me it was okay for him to retrieve his personal property which he told them that's all he was taking but it was after police and he left I discovered computers gone ,when I contacted police to advice they said it was a civil matter and wouldn't act ,company owns computers he isn't owed any money from company and actually still has large quite large some of money owed to company on his old loan account and still in possession of 2 company vehicles he has been asked to return

14 June 2015
Further note he has been advised previously that any financial information he requires our account would send over to his accountant upon request