QLD Enforced easement, road access, Queensland.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

CONCERNED 1

31 January 2023
My neighbour is trying to force a easement on my property. Both properties over 100 acres. His property is not land locked, he has been using access through my property since 2004 so not prespective. I have had the property for a year and informed him on my first day, first meeting I did not want him to use my proerty for his access. I gave him one year grace on limited access terms so he could fixed his own legal access. He access the main road through my property for convenience not necessity. He had let his own road degrade so only a 4wd can get through. The year is up and I have locked my gate and put no entry signs on it. Top and bottom gates. Know have letter from his solicitor offering to pay for a right of access easement. My property has no easemants or incumbents and I want to keep it that way. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If you do not want an easement on title, then do it as a contract on terms acceptable to you.

Not sure in QLD law if any implied easement exists.

You can of course refuse to enter into any deal.