NSW Crown Road easement through private property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clearview

14 June 2021
Hi. I have a situation where a Crown Road easement runs through my property & is being used by trail-bike hoons to get to a Nature Reserve approx. 5klms further down. All riders ride unregistered bikes & wear goggles & helmets so they can't be recognised by a camera I have set up on the road. I have made numerous complaints to local police but the problem continues. The road is used infrequently by owners to access their properties further along which is fine however, police have told me I cannot stop anyone using the road including these hoons as it is a public road, so my question is: "Given that the road being used through is not within the 20m surveyed road easement but is wholly outside of the easement & on my property due to constant wash-outs, do I have the right to stop these trail-bike hoons from using the road through my property by installing a locked gate & providing keys to property owners only?"