QLD DVO and Police Check

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rickardo

12 January 2019
Hey, recently separated from wife, came home and found out she was cheating on me then I proceeded to punch a hole in two wedding photos. She called the Police, called them back to not come out but they still have an obligation to come out and see what is going on. They issued a Protection Notice for court, I turned up to court and admitted without details or something similar. I was assured by the Police at the time this would not affect my employment but I have submitted a police check and is taking longer than usual to come back to me.

Can someone please assure me that this is a civil matter and will not show up on a Police check etc? I have not broken the orders since.

sammy01

27 September 2015
what sort of job is the employment check for? I can tell you as a teacher an AVO means nothing. So I guess it depends on the job

Rickardo

12 January 2019
Thanks for the reply. It is a community service job. It would be very similar to teaching I would imagine.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I reckon you've got nothing to worry about. mate there are magistrates out there with drink driving convictions. An avo is not a conviction.