QLD DVO from false accusation third party

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

stan in qld

7 May 2021
Hello again , I find this forum very informative and i have many questions . So here is another one.

I was away for work and come home to find the police here . I was not arrested for anything . I got served with a TPO from the police. It turned out that my partner rang a third party ( a healthcare 'professional') while i was at work to have a whinge about our relationship . The third party called the police to say i was coming home to harm my partner with a firearm ( a firearm was inoperable and going in to the gunsmith to get a deactivation certificate ,and my partner knew this as she was always interested in my firearms collection- antique ) . The police turned up and very casually met me at the gate and served me with a TPO and took my firearms ( I have no criminal record ) . The body cam of the police showed my partner was unaware of the police coming around ( which shows she was never threatened or in danger ) and the police admitted on the body cam that there was no evidence of threat . My partners affidavit states I have never threatened her physically or with a firearm . Her general paragraphs on her affidavit for the dvo was ' sometimes he ignores me on the couch' and ' he wont pay for my haircuts' and ' sometimes i have to do the housework ' and ' I felt controlled because I saw one of his business signs in a tree one day ' WTF!!! .
I have since had to accept the order without admission due to financial reasons .
My question is -
Can I sue the third party ( for legal costs and defamation) who claims I was coming home to harm my partner? ( and there was no evidence from ANYONE)
Will a complaint the the healthcare ombudsmen help me out tin the long run if I decide to get the DVO re-heard in court ?

The police have twisted my words from my interview and obviously written her affidavit for her to make me look bad and asked her to sign it . My partner is easily lead on by authority.
Will I get far with a police complaint or will it be fruitless against the QPS?

Cheers
Stan