WA Did the Police Make an Unlawful Search?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jods40

9 June 2014
Last week , 5 police officers came to my door, and stated that they had a warrant to search my property. I asked repeatedly to see search warrant, and the one they eventually gave me was a warrant issued for a completely different house address. So my question is this, I allowed them in only after them stating they had a search warrant. If they didn't, I would not of let them in. 3 days later, still no copy of search warrant, we feel they gained access illegally?

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi Jods40,
  1. Was it a State/Territory or Commonwealth search warrant?
  2. What State/Territory are you in?
  3. Are you a female that was home alone at the time? (sorry, I can't tell from your username alone)

Jods40

9 June 2014
Hi Jods40,
  1. Was it a State/Territory or Commonwealth search warrant?
  2. What State/Territory are you in?
  3. Are you a female that was home alone at the time? (sorry, I can't tell from your username alone)
Hi,
I live in W.A, and after seeing the search warrant did not have my address or name. Im assuming wa search warrant, they handed me a copy of a warrant, then i handed it back as it was not my warrant. My husband was also home, and again, only allowed access because they stated they had a warrant, we feel that it was unlawful search.....?.??..?.