Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

WA Did the Police Make an Unlawful Search?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Jods40, 9 June 2014.

1. Jods40

Jods40 Member

Last week , 5 police officers came to my door, and stated that they had a warrant to search my property. I asked repeatedly to see search warrant, and the one they eventually gave me was a warrant issued for a completely different house address. So my question is this, I allowed them in only after them stating they had a search warrant. If they didn't, I would not of let them in. 3 days later, still no copy of search warrant, we feel they gained access illegally?

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi Jods40,
    1. Was it a State/Territory or Commonwealth search warrant?
    2. What State/Territory are you in?
    3. Are you a female that was home alone at the time? (sorry, I can't tell from your username alone)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jods40

Jods40 Member

Hi,
    I live in W.A, and after seeing the search warrant did not have my address or name. Im assuming wa search warrant, they handed me a copy of a warrant, then i handed it back as it was not my warrant. My husband was also home, and again, only allowed access because they stated they had a warrant, we feel that it was unlawful search.....?.??..?.

4. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...