LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Did the Police Make an Unlawful Search?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Jods40, 9 June 2014.

1. Jods40

Jods40 Member

Last week , 5 police officers came to my door, and stated that they had a warrant to search my property. I asked repeatedly to see search warrant, and the one they eventually gave me was a warrant issued for a completely different house address. So my question is this, I allowed them in only after them stating they had a search warrant. If they didn't, I would not of let them in. 3 days later, still no copy of search warrant, we feel they gained access illegally?

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi Jods40,
    1. Was it a State/Territory or Commonwealth search warrant?
    2. What State/Territory are you in?
    3. Are you a female that was home alone at the time? (sorry, I can't tell from your username alone)

3. Jods40

Jods40 Member

Hi,
    I live in W.A, and after seeing the search warrant did not have my address or name. Im assuming wa search warrant, they handed me a copy of a warrant, then i handed it back as it was not my warrant. My husband was also home, and again, only allowed access because they stated they had a warrant, we feel that it was unlawful search.....?.??..?.

4. John R

John R Well-Known Member