WA Contract Law - Offer and Acceptance for Property Sale?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bella22

2 February 2017
I am putting in a offer and acceptance on a property. The seller has asked to included in the conditions that is subject to the seller recieving approval for a portability loan prior to our finance. I was wondering what are the implications of doing so.

Do they have a time frame under contract law to get their approval and what is the best way to write it on our offer and acceptance conditions so we are not left waiting for the seller?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Get a lawyer. If this is a large purchase for you and you can't afford a mistake, see a lawyer.

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
I am putting in a offer and acceptance on a property.
You're making an offer - The seller would be the party accepting, provided that they accept.

More details would be needed - A lot more. Personally speaking I wouldn't be agreeing to the sale being subject to the vendor securing their own finance (I think this as the basis for the portability loan). The implications? There could be many; one obvious one being that you could potentially pay a deposit (thousands, if not hundreds of thousands) only for the vendor to rescind based on the term in question.