Contavention - Other party is gaming it

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

miguel

30 May 2018
The ex wife is withholding my youngest against consent orders. Oldest is fine, the oldest and I have a great relationship. A few months ago, the ex told my youngest to call me and lie about not wanting to visit on the allowed weekend. Fast forward 2 weeks from that, I go to pick youngest up from school but she doesn't want to go. She says her mum told her only go home with me (mum). The school witnessed that and wrote a statement. Fast forward 2 months to now, about 20 breaches and she's ceased communication. She tried the FVO thing but cried wolf too much. She is coaching the youngest and my youngest is enjoying it as she's an attention seeking type. If I launch contravention, what are the chances of getting urgent, and given she will try and change orders, any advice on how to counter that?

sammy01

27 September 2015
I find it highly unlikely she will get the orders changed to suit her. Ultimately, you either apply to court to try to get to spend time with your kid OR you don't and she continues to deprive the kid of time ith dad... Get the application in.

Reactions: Dpj and miguel