Can Billing Data Alone Put a Wound Care Provider on an Investigator’s Radar?

Get Instant Legal Answers - Free AI Legal Help
Join thousands of Australians each month using LawConnect’s AI assistant for fast, personalised legal information. No waiting. No cost. Start now.
Ask Your Question Now

ArmandoMyers

Well-Known Member
23 March 2023
75
0
286
Government agencies increasingly use data analytics to identify unusual Medicare billing patterns before receiving a complaint. How should wound care practices monitor their own billing data to spot statistical outliers before they become a compliance problem? Recent enforcement actions have highlighted rapid billing growth and unusually high per-claim amounts as potential signals.
 

Aholicebhe

Well-Known Member
26 May 2025
21
0
121
I know this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to chime in because this is something I think about a lot. For wound care, watching your per-claim average and sudden jumps in volume is key. Are you currently using any specific software or just pulling your own claims data? I'd love to hear what others are tracking.
 

Kennexo

Well-Known Member
2 September 2024
65
0
196
I know how easy it is to miss small billing changes until they add up. Track your monthly per-claim amounts and visit volume, and compare them to your own past six quarters. Watch for sudden jumps in high-level E/M codes or DME orders. I also found the guidance at Wound Care Fraud: Key Insights for Healthcare Providers in 2026 | JD Supra practical for building a review checklist. Regular internal audits and a quick outlier report can keep you ahead.