QLD Retaining wall

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Narcus

9 March 2020
My property is on the lower side of a timber retaining wall , approximately 1200 high with a 1800 high dividing fence on top of retaining wall and fixed to retaining wall.
The owner of the property behind me on the higher side added colorbond sheets lying side by side and supported by star posts against the retaining wall with dirt piled up another 500 mm above retaining wall and star posts keep colorbond sheets 100 mm from fence but the weight of the soil against the colorbond sheets and in return against the star posts is putting extra weight on the retaining wall and the retaining wall is starting to move due to extra weight and neighbors run off water is running into my property and also accumulating behind the colorbond sheets
Please advise

Joey 72

29 April 2020
My property is on the lower side of a timber retaining wall , approximately 1200 high with a 1800 high dividing fence on top of retaining wall and fixed to retaining wall.
The owner of the property behind me on the higher side added colorbond sheets lying side by side and supported by star posts against the retaining wall with dirt piled up another 500 mm above retaining wall and star posts keep colorbond sheets 100 mm from fence but the weight of the soil against the colorbond sheets and in return against the star posts is putting extra weight on the retaining wall and the retaining wall is starting to move due to extra weight and neighbors run off water is running into my property and also accumulating behind the colorbond sheets
Please advise
Hi have a similar issue and was going to post here. I see your post hasn’t had a reply yet??