QLD I want to sue a tattooist

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lemalie

21 January 2020
Hi there,

So my family found a tattooist on social media and we agreed on my two brothers on getting there tattoo from him/them. It wasn’t a small tattoo it was a hug tattoo, so from the top stomach to the knees. That is how big the tattoo was for both of them, it’s called at tatau it’s a samoan tradition tattoo. So we finished fully paying him before hand, and before the job had started all he had to do was to tattoo the brothers and finish his job the we paid him.

His store is in Melbourne, so he travel up in Brisbane to tattoo the brothers. Maleko (tattoois) was up here for 3 weeks and he didn’t finished his job, didn’t finished tattooing the brothers but only did half a job. Paid for his airfare and accommodation for him to come back up to finished the job and yet missed the flight cause he couldn’t afford paying for extra KG which i sent him the Itinerary of the flight information five days before his flight. Then spoke on the phone to him to see what was happening and he said ‘HE WAS DONE’ he not coming back to finish his job?

Mind you this was all before and during Christmas and New Year time. We had a very disappointing and sad Christmas cause we didn’t have money to get the kids presents went all to Maleko for him to come up here in Brisbane.

No contacted was sign on paper, is it possible that i can SUE or apply for a LAWSUIT to get our money back that he owed us.

- Half of the tattoo wasn’t done $1800
- Accommodation $750
- Airfares $700

This is my first time doing this and i need every possible advice that I could possibly can please anyone.