NSW Enjoying Right of Way - What are My Rights?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tripe

22 May 2017
They did and I am confident it was for sole purpose off hanging crap of it to annoy me.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Sounds like they succeeded.

Adopt the high road (pun intended) and let it go emotionally. There are more important things in life to worry about.

Jazzy77

18 January 2017
The pole could be considered as an obstruction if it is placed on the easement, as with all the crap that they hang off it.

Tripe

22 May 2017
Yes

But what is the reasonable chance I need to pass through the garden bed free of obstruction?

However, maybe brining in a 7.9m wide load through my easment, then the pole would become an obstruction. LOL

By my reading, my only option is harassment or the laws of nuisance.

I am documenting everything and if I play the long game, I should be able to build a case

Jazzy77

18 January 2017
Is the garden bed yours or theirs?

There maybe that chance of two cars that need to pass each other (one going in and one going out) and then it would obstruct access

(depending on how wide and long the beds area?)

That's what I have been doing, taking photo's documenting comings and going *just in case*

Claude Pintos

1 November 2018
Hi

I was wondering if you could help me out with a technical right or carriage question? I own 2 acres and part of my acres comprises of the front road and 600mm past the road to the a joining neighbour in which we have signed a right of carriage way for the complex to use. I don't have problem with this however the neighbour which is a joining my 600mm strip has planted large shrubs which are now restricting the access of 2 vehicles passing by.

The shrubs encroach my 600mm which is technically my land. What can I do in order to have these removed and use the right or carriage for what it is intended too? On my plans it shows that a clear right of carriage must be present for vehicles and the easement.

On another note the ajoining neighbour has now created a driveway which is not DA approved nor showing on any plans to be used as a drive and using the right of carriage way to access this.

Tripe

22 May 2017
You will need to do provide us with a drawing, I can’t understand your circumstances