QLD Company Offering To Discuss Mutual Separation - What Is Minimum I Should Accept?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ralph.M

15 August 2022
Hello,

With one company for a long time, then it was acquired by another company. Role title and position description did not match (removal of technical skills).

I was then bullied my multiple people and it not sufficiently dealt with. Multiple incidents have happened recently which have now left me on unpaid leave.

Company is now offering to negotiate a mutual separation (previously only offered 5 weeks) and I am wondering what the minimum I should accept is?

Also, what the crossover in responsibilities across the two companies in regarding to treatment/duty of care to an employee?

- Had sciatica and was in pain/on heavy painkillers for 8 months+, while barely able to walk/piling up bubble wrap on my chair to be able to sit - still moving boxes.
- Then emergency back surgery (within 2 days of admittance) as woke up screaming in pain and unable to walk or urinate.
- Company-1 then hired new manager (who I helped train), who then micromanaged/lied about/bullied me.
- After acquisition by Company-2, this bullying intensified until they left the company.
- Notified that this person may be returning in a position that liaises with mine.
- Mentally combust due to this and a few other issues combining.
- With Company-1 for 8+ years before sold.
- With Company-2 for over a year.

View attachment 357

Please help?!

Attachments

• Draft Timeline.pdf
    460.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Incident Chart.png
    Incident Chart.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 0

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi Ralph, It has been a few weeks I see, since you posted your inquiry. Your question (if you need to answer any more) is hard to answer in this forum. I suggest (but of course, it is a matter for you) you suggest consult a private lawyer. By the way, if you are leaving or have left the company, there is little if anything you can do, if the bullying has not caused you recognised psychiatric injury, for which you would probably need to see a personal injury lawyer.