NSW 4meter law, where is the access point?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ozepool

4 August 2017
A beer garden has smoking permitted. The car park entrance gate accesses a covered pool table smoking area, leading to a non smoking porch which in turn leads to a glass entrance door. My problem arises when I use the seats and table in the 3 meter deep porch area. Since I'm allowed to have my puppy in this area and I do not smoke or wish any drift of second hand smoke, I'm asking where exactly does the 4 meter measurement begin. Pre 2015 I had my nightly meal in this area, now restricted to chips and a candy bar. A friction has arisen as there is a TV for the Keno just 1 meter from the table on the wall just 1.5 mtr from the floor. Some smoking patrons convince management to change to football at high volume, there is a movement towards the TV with the added second hand smoke. As a patron of 3 years I am no longer able the enjoyment of a quiet drink and have to leave, all a bit sad as this is the only licensed venue within walking distance.