state revenue office

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Revenue NSW is an administrative division of the Government of New South Wales that has responsibility for collecting New South Wales taxes. Revenue NSW is an administrative division of the New South Wales Department of Customer Service. It was rebranded from the Office of State Revenue (OSR) and its fines division the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) on 31 July 2017.Revenue NSW administers state taxation and revenue programs for and on behalf of the people of NSW. The agency manages fines and administers grants and subsidies to the community and businesses across NSW. They also recover debt to provide an equitable outcome for the community. The agency helps to develop policy, implement legislation, collect revenue, process and enforce outstanding fines and penalties. It administers state taxation laws, including the Land Tax Act 1956, Payroll Tax Act 2007 and the Stamp Duties Act 1920.
In 2016-2017, Revenue NSW collected more than A$29.4 billion in revenue.The chief executive officer of the administrative division, called the Deputy Secretary of Revenue NSW, Chief Commissioner of State Revenue and Commissioner of Fines Administration, is Scott Johnston. The agency reports to the Minister for Customer Service, presently the Honourable Victor Dominello MP. Ultimately the minister is responsible to the Parliament of New South Wales.

View More On
  1. C

    NSW Annulment for Jury Fees from State Revenue Office?

    I went to get my Drivers Licence renewed at Service NSW only to discover I have a Fine outstanding for failing to attend Jury Duty. I was completely unaware. The offence was from a couple of years ago 1/5/2013. The fine has been refered to the State Revenue Office and is fairly large $1700. I...
  2. M

    QLD Adding My Name to a Home Loan?

    My husband is buying his own home. His previous wife, who is deceased, still has her name on the bank loan. The bank won't allow me to be put on the home loan as his wife. However, we have 50% ownership share in the land, registered with the State Revenue Office. If my husband was to die, he was...
  3. Cubbie

    VIC Tenants in Common Selling Property - Stamp Duty, CGT Issues?

    Hi there, Hoping someone can assist. I own 2 properties with my sister 50/50 and she wants to sell one of them. I don't have a problem with selling. She suggested removing me off the title of the investment property and her off my principal place of residence (PPR). I'm trying to understand what...