Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry, rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations,
and public service outside the civil service. It was established on 4 June 1917 by King George V and comprises five classes across both civil and military divisions, the most senior two of which make the recipient either a knight if male or dame if female. There is also the related British Empire Medal, whose recipients are affiliated with, but not members of the order.
Recommendations for appointments to the Order of the British Empire were originally made on the nomination of the United Kingdom, the self-governing Dominions of the Empire (later Commonwealth) and the Viceroy of India. Nominations continue today from Commonwealth countries that participate in recommending British (Imperial) honours. Most Commonwealth countries ceased recommendations for appointments to the Order of the British Empire when they created their own honours.

View More On Wikipedia.org
  1. K

    WA How to make the commonwealth information order?

    Hello, I'm an immigrant. I'm not good at English, but I can't trust a lawyer who tries to keep the case long to making money, so I'm working on a court case by myself. (The lawyer is the reason why my work is so messed up. The case would have been closed two years ago if it had been done...
  2. J

    VIC Property settlement and primary carer considerations with abusive husband. DHHS/ family violence intervention order

    I have a Family Violence Intervention Order against me at present, which means I can’t see my children, who are living with their father, from whom I am separated ( not divorced as it hasn’t been twelve months). In regards to property settlement, what is the likelihood of the court giving my...
  3. G

    Consent Order (form 11) questions (WA)

    Long story short - my wife and I are going our separate ways. Thankfully, everything is amicable and friendly and we are in the process of completing the consent order (form 11) to divide everything up. We have agreed that everything will be split 50/50. I will refinance the house and she will...
  4. Faisal2021

    NSW Seeking paternity test order

    I want to file an application seeking paternity test of a child I have been paying child support for.
  5. C

    VIC Can a recovery order (submitted by father) be applied for if their is currently an IVO (against father) but children's names are spelt incorrectly?

    IVO was submitted by officer who (unknowingly) fell victim to false statement including incorrect surnames of children (to mothers maiden name). Mother has been asked to correct however has still refused to. Can a recovery order be issued given the children are not named (using legal name or...
  6. Kikenit

    VIC Directions Hearing - Contesting Intervention Order

    Hi All, here looking for advise on what to do Im contesting an extension to an intervention order made against me from my sister, there is an interim order already in place, while court process is happening. At the last hearing the magistrate asked the applicants private lawyer to send me a...
  7. C

    Consent Order & Application Kit

    My de facto and I have agreed on a figure and happy to sign the consent order for me to retain 100% of my property. We have no kids, no joint assets or liabilities, no super interests, we don't even have a joint bank account anymore. So trying to fill out the Application Kit is really difficult...
  8. P

    NSW Filing contravention order

    Final orders were signed by consent only several weeks ago. High conflict parent B has since refused to follow the order stating they will not be facilitating the contact at all. High conflict parent B states child doesn’t want to speak to other parent and will not force or even encourage this...
  9. O

    VIC Sign Discharge documents before financial order?

    Hi all My ex-partner has just asked me to sign the discharge/mortgage documents (she's keeping the family house and paying me out) before we finalised the financial/consent orders. Knowing that she has also agreed to transfer me some super as part of the settlement - is that the logical thing...
  10. F

    NSW Recovery Order

    Wanting some advice on recovery orders for my 4 (almost 5) year old twin girls They had been having regular time with their day every second Thursday night - pick 9 am Thursday and return 4 pm Friday and every second weekend - pick up Friday 9 am and return 4 pm Sunday he also rang and spoke...