QLD President of Committee/Caretaker Interference: Election

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

bcgc

12 June 2018
I am running for an executive &/or ordinary member position on the committee in the upcoming AGM. I am wanting to know whether the conduct of the caretaker; and the President of the Committee is in breach of their respective code of conduct:

1. Caretaker: Has written a letter to all the lot owners stating how crucial it is to select the right committee members etc.:

- the caretaker goes on to include a copy of all his voting papers for the committee members; and the motions.

Would this not be breach of his code of conduct by influencing other lot owners on how to vote?

2. President of the Committee: Has written to all the lot owners, in summary, stating not to vote for me because she disagrees with (a) why I am running (as my apartment was broken into and one of the reasons included ensuring the security of the building was adequate for the safety/benefit of all the owners); and is of the view that my criticisms of the existing committee are inaccurate/false/not factual etc. This person has proceeded to disclose how I am running my unit (via Airbnb) to all the unit owners etc.

Is this in breach of her code of conduct by:
- disclosing my personal information to other unit owners;
- failing to consider the circumstances with an open mind etc.
- amongst other things

If so, what can I do about it?

Thank you!