Errors on Home Solar still under warranty. Installer wants full checkup at $700

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

21 November 2022
Hi,

Had 18 solar panels about 2 years. In the last 8 or so months about 3 times a day only on sunny days, we get an email from the device as below.

The installer says they will come and do a complete check, clean etc for $700. I said I just want to check the warranty on the device that is sending errors.

I called Origin Energy and the guy came and checked everything and said they were okay on their side.

He said the error was because there was too much power going into the grid and said the new apartments next door have a massive solar device and it may be them sending in too much power so ours switches off as we are in the same pod.

What rights do I have to get them to check the warranty parts before they run out of warranty in case there is something wrong?

Thanks

【Solis Cloud】
The SN 03040018XXXXX inverter in your address plant has an alarm, please deal with it as soon as possible
Go to view alarm information
Alarm code: 1010
Alarm time: 2022-11-21 17:32:56
Alarm content: Grid Over Voltage
Processing method: 1. If it occurs by accident, it may be short-term abnormality of the power grid. The inverter will resume normal work after detecting the normal power grid, and no manual intervention is required. 2. If it occurs frequently, check the grid voltage and check whether the grid frequency is in the inverter. Within the allowable range, if not, please contact customer service; if yes, please check if the AC side breaker and output cable are connected properly; 3. If the grid voltage, grid frequency is within the allowable range of the inverter, and the AC side wiring confirmation It is true that this alarm still occurs frequently. After obtaining the consent of the local power operator, please contact customer service to modify the over-voltage and under-frequency protection points of the inverter power grid.