Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
NCAA Division I (D-I) is the highest level of intercollegiate athletics sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) in the United States. D-I schools include the major collegiate athletic powers, with larger budgets, more elaborate facilities and more athletic scholarships than Divisions II and III as well as many smaller schools committed to the highest level of intercollegiate competition.
This level was once called the University Division of the NCAA, in contrast to the lower level College Division; these terms were replaced with numeric divisions in 1973. The University Division was renamed Division I, while the College Division was split in two; the College Division members that offered scholarships or wanted to compete against those who did became Division II, while those who did not want to offer scholarships became Division III.For college football only, D-I schools are further divided into the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and those institutions that do not have any football program. FBS teams have higher game attendance requirements and more players receiving athletic scholarships than FCS teams. The FBS is named for its series of postseason bowl games, with various polls ranking teams after the conclusion of these games, while the FCS national champion is determined by a multi-team bracket tournament.
For the 2014–15 school year, Division I contained 345 of the NCAA's 1,066 member institutions, with 125 in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), 125 in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and 95 non-football schools, with six additional schools in the transition from Division II to Division I. There was a moratorium on any additional movement up to D-I until 2012, after which any school that wants to move to D-I must be accepted for membership by a conference and show the NCAA it has the financial ability to support a D-I program.

View More On
  1. S

    VIC Implied easements under Section 12(2) of the Subdivision Act

    Why do easements such as drainage and sewerage need to be prescribed in the easement table of a plan of subdivision if implied easements under section 12(2) of the subdivision act is notated to apply to all the land in the plan?
  2. C

    NSW Subdivision of a dual occupancy site prior to construction

    Hi experts :) I would like to develop my property into a detached dual occupancy with Torrens title subdivision. I have done my research (LEP/DCP) and I know it it possible to do. Commonly, a dual occupancy is built and the subdivision is registered after the build is complete, however, I would...
  3. S

    VIC 2 lot subdivision with common land - who pays for pipe upkeep?

    Hello, just wondering about pipes serving either one lot or both lots but not owners corporation. are the pipes serving one lot the responsibility of that lot and the shared pipes, a shared responsibility?
  4. A

    TAS Permission for stormwater access

    Please can someone advise me. The block I bought was subdivided two years ago. On the planning docs it is tickedt off as having access to a reticulated stormwater point as per regulations. It does not. The stormwater connection is 10m away on an easement be on neighbour's land. It is not...