REQUEST FOR ADVICE ON REQUEST TO REVIEW FMO

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
12 May 2023
I am looking for assistance to ask the NCAT Tribunal to review the FMO in place my daughter Tracey Stevenson. Tracey currently has a FMO with the public trustee, public guardianship and a Restrictive Practices order. She currently lives in an ISL with 24/7 care with Maple Services and associated consultants (NDIS) and bureaucracies (MH).

Tracey is a chronic alcoholic and over a period of 20 years this has severely impacted her physical and mental health. She currently has access to alcohol (online and in store) through her TAG allowance. Both Care Stakeholders and I have tried to ask TAG to rearrange her finances so that she cannot access alcohol - or at least limit the amount. TAG claim job demarcation and say this is a problem for the OPG. From my point of view the OPG is 'missing in action' and may or may not be trying to negotiate with TAG. I see no other option than request NCAT review her FMO and appoint me as her guardian. I've had a wide range of jobs including as manager of a community centre, NSW Ombudsman and NSW Community Services. Please can you direct me to a solicitor in Sydney who will assist me with this request for review. Lois Stevenson 0450965598