QLD Safe Banking - Ensuring No Government Entities Can Access?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

praxidice

30 May 2014
Would someone kindly let me know if its possible for a bank client to deposit money in any banking or comparable institution (not necessarily restricted to those trading in Australia) & ensure its available **ONLY** to said client or authorized agents? What is most important is that no government entity including the Queensland QCAT can get its grubby claws on a individual's money.

Note particularly that the person in question has no interest whatever in money laundering, terrorism or any other anti-social activities. The question has arisen from a case where a jealous 'b***h from hell' family member seized long sought opportunity to wreak havoc on the life of a considerably more successful sibling. While the matter will be resolved in due course, the considerable angst & expenses incurred are not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. Unfortunately it doesn't appear possible to exact fitting punishment on the perpetuator due to the fact that the law is infinitely more stupid than any ass that ever walked planet earth. Whilst there are theoretically systems in place to discipline the lunatic QCAT member who facilitated this con by complaining to the president of QCAT, in practice the supreme court judge responsible for the operation of QCAT clearly considers himself far too exalted to respond to the concerns of a mere human.

Worldly1

25 April 2014
Australia
Hi there,
I sense a fair bit of anger/family politics in your post.
Are you able to clarify your question in purely factual terms? Then it would be easier to provide some commentary or suggestions that may assist you.

praxidice

30 May 2014
The angry bit has little or no impact on the question, it was only included for background as I fully expected to be accused of an interest in terrorism or the like. Issue is that a QCAT application was commenced for ulterior motives and this resulted in an ill-conceived decision that caused the victim considerable angst and financial expense. I've read numerous QCAT case histories and its blatantly obvious that the moment a member perceives family conflict, the Public Trustee is immediately appointed with nary a though to the realities. In this particular case there had been no family contact for years, the parties were not close and the instigator had precious little idea knowledge of the victims assets, income or financial situation. Virtually anyone without an EPOA could well be similarly affected, hence my concern regarding security of bank accounts. Its all very well for armchair experts to crow about having an EPOA but remember the victim in this case is a high level amateur athlete, has a higher level of fitness than the average person half her age, has very low blood pressure and prior to the CVA had never had a sick day in her life. In any case, there are plenty of precedents where the kangaroo court has over-ridden an existing EPOA. The take home message for fitness freaks is that fitness provides no guarantee against a CVA. My conclusions are that Australian banks are clearly not safe places to lodge ones savings and many international banks are no better due to various political issues. I am aware that some folk resort to the combination of a trust & offshore bank but even that solution is far from bulletproof. There must be workable solutions in existence because surely no high-flyer would accept the risks I've discovered, but are their solutions available to ordinary folk ??