QLD How to win a case when noble cause corruption is rife?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

cakeforbreakfast

29 December 2022
The common law enforcement practice of noble cause corruption

My concern in this post relates specifically to the power to stop and search and how can one achieve justice when corruption is rife.
The standard seems to be to search and fabricate suspicion if required rather search based on a genuine suspicion that was reasonable in the circumstances.
Contributing to the issue is in most circumstances no one challenges the lawfulness of police exercising the power to stop and search.
When it is challenged officers are quick and in a position to cover their tracks and Magistrates have a predisposition to side with the prosecution regardless of the law, so the odds are stacked against you.

Im not asking for legal advice im simply asking for an opinion and perhaps direction on what one should do when faced with these circumstances without knowing:

Is what I describe below something that would be prosecuted for perjury?

or

or other offences that this kind of noble corruption would fall under?

An offer has stoped me for the purpose of a search for a prescribed offence (a drug offence).

• In his written statement the officer describes the circumstances of the detaining and searching me. Included in the descriptions are a particular set of facts that the officer describes as suspicious and from this he formed a reasonable suspicion that I may be in possession of drugs. From this suspicion the officer has exercised POLICE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ACT 2000 - SECT 29. (To be clear in this written statement the officer has formed his suspicion after he has stoped me).

• Fast forward six months and I have challenged the lawfulness of the officers search and the officer has been summoned to court to give testimony. In his testimony the officer describes the events that occurred that day. However in his testimony the officer describes the moment that he formed a reasonable suspicion in a different point in time, a different location and on a different set of facts that were not mentioned in his written statement. (He now claims he has formed his suspicion to search me prior to the interception).

• And finally the BWC video that had been disclosed tenders a conflicting set of facts one again. As I mentioned above the officer have given testimony that the purpose of his actions was to carry out a search under the POLICE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ACT 2000 - SECT 29 for a prescribed offence (drug offence). However in the first few words spoken between myself and the officer the officer has told me he has stoped me under the traffic management act. This evidence conflicts with the written and verbal statements given to the court.

It’s quite clear to me that the officer had no more than a hunch before he searched me.
He has then fabricated what he could from the circumstances at the time to form a reasonable suspicion after exercising the power to search while sitting at his desk at the station.

The scales of Justice seems to be balanced unfairly

images.jpeg
Is justice truly served when the rule of law is administered by the lawless?

I have not only been subject to an arbitrary search but it appears that attempts to challenge that have been met with resistance.
It apprised they will do what they need to do to achieve the desired result which includes fabricating evidence and lying under oath.

Should a complaint such as this be taken to the CCC and would an accusation like this likely result in any real justice ?

or am I likely to suffer from further repercussions so just not bother ?