NSW My husband has an ADVO on him by the police to protect me. Court hearing is pending after a few days.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

faizat

26 March 2024
My husband has an ADVO on him by the police to protect me. Court hearing is pending after a few days. Im still on a partner visa 820. Will this affect my visa processing?

I did not want to do the advo on him but the police did it on him to protect me, how can I withdraw it? Can I have my say in the court hearing?

Please advise

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
See your local legal community centre for advice (do not take your partner to the centre).

You cannot withdraw a police application. Best you can do is not assist the police. Your safety though is more important than a Visa.

faizat

26 March 2024
See your local legal community centre for advice (do not take your partner to the centre).

You cannot withdraw a police application. Best you can do is not assist the police. Your safety though is more important than a Visa.
Thanks for your reply. My husband never did anything abusive to me, that day we had a fight and the police came to our door saw us verbally arguing and issued a advo against him even when i told them i dont want it to escalate. I really dont know what to now..my husband seems stressed