VIC Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamp in Australia

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DavidCooper5

12 September 2023
Does anyone know where I can obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamp in Australia? I’m the administrator for a deceased estate with US and Canadian shares and the transfer agent in the US (Computershare) requires one of these stamps on their documentation. I would really rather not have to fly to the US to get this thing, but I’ve had a very hard time finding anyone in Australia that offers the service. Any help would be much appreciated!

12 September 2023
I recently came across the medallion guarantee requirement for my father’s estate. It wasn’t easy but I managed to find the only medallion guarantee provider based in Melbourne (which happens to be where I am). Medallion Stamp Australia is whom I used, they not only provided the stamps but also provided guidance with the paperwork and process, very professional and extremely helpful. With their expertise, my late father’s shares have since been transferred into my name. Hope this helps!

DCexpat

24 March 2024
Does anyone know where I can obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamp in Australia? I’m the administrator for a deceased estate with US and Canadian shares and the transfer agent in the US (Computershare) requires one of these stamps on their documentation. I would really rather not have to fly to the US to get this thing, but I’ve had a very hard time finding anyone in Australia that offers the service. Any help would be much appreciated!
I used Fortrend Securities to get a Medallion for my fathers inheritance and they made it very easy. Nice spot in CBD of Melbourne, they were quick and helpful in the service and gave me some good advice for dealing with my mother inheritance when she passes. Dealt with another Melbourne company and the amount of documentation and idficaion they requested was overly intrusive and in talking with Fortrend, unnecessary too boot.