QLD DVO condition in order & visiting the prisoner

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sbb07

4 January 2024
Hi,
Ex partner is on remand and facing some pretty serious charges.
Application made by QPS to vary protection order. (Adjourned so temporary however unlikely to fight conditional changes)
Varied condition/s now include:

“The respondent must not contact or communicate with or attempt to contact or communicate with, or ask someone else other than a lawyer to contact or communicate with the aggrieved in any way.

This includes contact or communication by telephone, text message, email and any internet or social messaging services.

Except when communicating with the Aggrieved by:

(1)Text

(i)Email

for the purpose of arranging contact with a child or having contact with a child by prior arrangement”

I spoke with arresting officer who made the vary to order letting them know I need communication and understand it’s a whole process to try change anything they have submitted. I am not taking children to visit prison however I wanted to at least visit in a couple months time to relay life of kids and ensure some sort of rehabilitation is at least happening and could see for myself if it is.
Officer said he is allowed communicate regarding children & all calls are monitored anyway from inside prison etc. so long as he isn’t being stupid it shouldn’t be a problem.

The wording to me states quite clearly that no phone calls are even to be made re children only visa email or sms.. so no letters either from jail??
When filling out form 47 have to disclose any orders obviously so not even worth attempting?
Likelihood that he will even be able to call at all?
In terms of fighting that varied condition the police have put on this new varied order (happy to leave not allowed near my home & not attempt to find me in the vary along with be of good behaviour) what’s the realistic process? Can I intervene whilst it’s ’temporary’ better off to wait until done and he is sentenced along with his breaches and charge of enter with an intent? If he is looking at serious time I would like the ability to visit in a secure location or at the very least receive calls.

Thank you