Consent Orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

talajay

7 May 2024
Hi,

my ex husband and i have signed a consent order that allows me to have 100 % care of my kids, have no contact with their dad, have their passports and travel and even allows me to change their last name.

He asked me to have a lawyer draft the consent orders and he didn't want to pay for any fees. therefore he went ahead to a Jp and signed the orders. he also signed an affidavit. stating that he knows his right to seek legal advice. but he choses not to.

Therefore, this was submitted to court and approved.

Now a month later. He says that his marriage plans ( marriage to a different person from a different country) has failed and he wants to see the kids.

He has never paid child support, been consistent, he is always verbally abusive and was physically abusive in our marriage.

i understand that the orders can be set aside for any of the following..

1. There has been significant change in the circumstances that warrant the amendment of the orders;
2. There was a lack of disclosure when the orders were prepared; and
3. There was fraud or deception in the process of obtaining the orders.

can someone explain to me what its ment by significant change in the circumstances and deception in the process of obtaining the orders.?

is it possible for him to obtain for order to be set aside?

also ami obligated to answer his calls and messages to see the kids?

ami obligated to keep my number and not change it?