NSW Signing for more - sold to developer for much less

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mindfully

4 April 2018
Hi LawAnswers. In November 2018 my late parents property sold for much less than I had signed for. I was one of two Executors. Family member the other. Contract signed without my being informed by the other Executor. Real Estate Agent didn't do anything to stop this. Pressure on me to sign. Price signed for and final sale price differed by $420K. Buyer left for Egypt. It was a joke. I was coerced, left to handle the Estate in my own, only did the second Executor involve himself to obstruct, delay, and cause much stress and trauma. On settlement he took an extra $20,000 as monies reimbursed from 1976 from our now late parents, as a loan repayment. I though seven years was the legal time given to repay a loan. At settlement I received an amount, but not enough to purchase my own home. Since the realestate agent seemed to think it was a joke but he was laughing all the way to the bank, as when the block had been completed with the new build, the developer made close to five million dollars in profit. I really think something dodgy went down, and I forfeited due to my lack of experience and knowledge in real estate. I lost my home and my identity, had no time to plan and seek a new home, moved three times in nine months, and ended up renting in the Aged Care Sector. Although things "looked" legal on paper, the ethical and moral components were missing in the Real Estate Agent's performance. Also, my late mother's solicitor had, years before moved next door to the realestate office, and that solicitor became the real estate agent's solicitor. That was very interesting. How can it be proved that the Real Estate Agent had no intention to sell the property for what I originally signed for as he knew that the developer would be selling all newly built properties through his Real Estate Agency and that he would gain three more commissions. How does that work?