NSW no responses after 28 days

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jhse3

23 January 2024
Hi, i have recently filed an general protection case in Federal Circuit Court of Australia, not very sure of the filling. The respondent did not response to my initial application and only filed the Notices of Address for Service. I have serve them the subpoena and they did not response to it as well. Federal Circuit Court of Australia webpage stated this "If you do not file a response, you must file and serve a Notice of address for service before the hearing." Does it means the respondent still able to file a response after the first hearing? Then what is the point of the 28 days notices to response? What are the other documents or forms that i can submit to let the court knows they have not responded?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Did you get a certificate from the Fair Work Commission? Or are you not dismissed?

Does it means the respondent still able to file a response after the first hearing?
Yes.

What are the other documents or forms that i can submit to let the court knows they have not responded?
Nothing for the moment. The Court will know.

jhse3

23 January 2024
The fairwork commissioner issued a certificate and i applied to Federal Circuit Court after that. It was a termination. Is it a normal practice to ignore the response to the original application and only respond after the first hearing?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Possibly in NSW. NSW lawyers are a different breed to Vic lawyers.