WA how to remove non tenant from rental

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
19 May 2023
Hi, I rent a house in WA to two shared tenants.
They pay and the house is good.
My issue is that now the two tenants do not get on and one is spiteful by letting an "ex" who was abusive to both in the past to come and stay for days at a time.
They do share a child which I applaud him to get involved with but not at the expense of the other tenant.
How do i evict him ?
Do I need to evict the one who is a tenant for letting him in?
One says that "I can have people over and nothing can be done"
The disgusting thing is that when they first broke up the "ex" propositioned the other tenant who was horrified and wanted nothing to do with him but now he is in the house making her very uncomfortable.

Rent is being paid by the two tenants but not him and he is there 3-4 days in a row then goes off.

No written agreement is in place and I have said it is unacceptable for him to stay over continually.

Thank you
R

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'm not in WA, however it looks like you have a periodic tenancy agreement, so you simply give the misbehaving tenant 60 days notice, without a reason. The notice needs to be on a 'form 1C' found here: Notice of termination - Form 1C

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
  1. I agree with @Rod.
  2. Absent the express words being in a lease,
    you can't stop a tenant (even a periodic tenant)
    from having a house guest.
    Nor do you get to set the terms of any visit.

3. But if they are periodic tenants, then just kick them all out,
    and have done with the lot of them.
    Do it the way suggested by Rod above.

Last edited: