NSW Workplace Bullying - Will Employer Conduct Their Own Investigation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

TheYellowBell

2 January 2017
Hello,

I raised a workplace bullying complaint to my employer last Oct. My employer has notified their insurance provider of the injury. I am currently on unpaid leave.

Last Dec, factual investigation (assigned by the insurer) were conducted to me and the respondents. The workcover claim was denied by the insurer, and this is now being disputed.

I got a copy of the statement the insurance has relied on, read on it, and am now preparing my response to it (for the dispute). I have not received a response from my employer in regards to my complaint, since Nov.

I have a feeling that they will use the statement gathered by insurer during the factual investigation.

Can my employer refer to the statement as their investigation for the workplace complaint? Or will they conduct their own investigation?

Thank you.

S

Sophea

Just so I've got this straight, WorkCover have investigated and taken a statement from the respondent which they have relied upon to deny cover. And now you fear that your employer will rely on the same statement from the respondent? Is this correct?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Obligations under an injury scheme are different to laws around bullying.

The employer may be to use the statement but should not solely rely on it.

What is your real concern?