NSW Working with children check

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

danielle81

27 April 2017
Hi
I want to apply for a juvenile justice job. Ive had my children removed by docs and dont know if that will show up when applying for a working with children check?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Danielle,
I thought the check might be fairly consistent across Australia but it turns out each State and Territory while similar use different terminology and this can vary the depth of the check. According to the WWC website for NSW it involves a Criminal history check so all criminal findings of guilt and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. However the legislation is obviously far more detailed. Depending on the details of why your children were removed (and I'm not going to ask) it may impact the assessment. Schedule 1 of the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012 has a full list: CHILD PROTECTION (WORKING WITH CHILDREN) ACT 2012 - SCHEDULE 1

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Have you been convicted of an offence that would make you a Registerable Person?