VIC Workcover/work place bullying/

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Judy m

7 December 2017
Hi,

A horrible situation occurred last year. I was working in a small country hospital and I complained about some unsafe practices by the GP. These put me at risk as a nurse. He then got one of his patients who was a colleague to make a complant about me. This escalated into a situation where the GP wanted me gone and the complaints escalated. I went onto sick leave and then applied for Workcare citing bullying. An investigation ensued and three staff including the GP lied to the private investigator. Most of these lies can be proven with documentation. The claim was knocked back by the insurer who refused to accept that the witnesses had lied, and I was terminated. It went to conciliation and again bot the CEO and insurer refused to accept that staff had lied. I was granted a small payout, which I accepted, hoping to move on and get a new job. Unfortunately, this didn't happen and I continue to have anxiety one year on. I also lost 900 hours of sick leave and have found getting work in the country difficult, especially when you were terminated from your last job.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You probably need to see a lawyer as you have multiple issues in your post.

You may have had a cause of complaint but then you may have signed away your rights when you accepted a 'small payout'.

Judy m

7 December 2017
You probably need to see a lawyer as you have multiple issues in your post.

You may have had a cause of complaint but then you may have signed away your rights when you accepted a 'small payout'.
Thanks.